Saturday, January 30, 2010

Guest post by Stacy O'neal - 'My little secret time saver'

(First day hair...sleek and smooth)



I often have clients ask me how I style my hair. I have a pretty basic routine and the only real secret is that I make my shampoo last for three days. I, like so many other women, find myself without a lot of time to spend on my hair and extending the time in between my shampoos is a huge time saver.
(1st day look)

I spend the most time on day one, but it is so worth it for days two and three. After shampooing and towel drying my hair I apply a dime-size amount of the Morroccan Oil. Then after my hair is about 60% dry (either by air dry or blow dry) I blowdry my hair with a medium size round brush in sections until my blowdry is complete. I like to touch up the ends with a flat iron and then apply Euphora's Piece Works Defining Paste for separation and hold. First day look is a smooth and sleek style.
(1st day look)

Second day hair is my favorite! I can either continue the sleek and smooth look or bring out my 1-inch to 1 and 1/4 inch curling iron and take vertical sections and curl all the way around my head. I like to finish this look with Kenra's Super Hold Finishing Spray 25. Second day look is modern take of the 70's angel style.
(2nd day look)

Third day hair is the easiest of all. Curling the hair the day before sets the hair up beautifully for a quick swept up do or a ponytail! Here's a great trick I learned on TV, section from ear to ear and pony tail it, high or low - you choose - Then take the sides and pull back each one, wrapping it around your pony to cover the band! A real sexy Hollywood pony!(3rd day look, a sleek pony or a creative version of a bun or chignon)

(3rd day look)



If you need any help with any of these, stop in to Bijou Salon, ask for me, I'll be sure to give you a quick lesson in person!!

0 comments: