Monday, January 11, 2010

Great news!

2010 so far has been terrific. After a whole ten days, I can say that so far, so good!

Salon today is a trade magazine that I read religiously every month. The first year after I opened, all proud of the design of Bijou, (the original first phase of Bijou) after being open for 3 months, I entered the glorious and prestigious salon of the year! Shelly and I came in to the salon on a Sunday and did a real photo shoot. By real I mean, man I never realized when these salons do photo shoots and the salon looks pristine and perfect...All the stuff was in the hallway hiding. I thought I had blogged about it, but I guess not. (must have blogged in my head, like so many things) We took some great photos, I filled out the application and then received a letter saying although it was very nice, we didn't make the cut. I was sad, but only for a moment, because even without it being in a magazine, I knew Bijou was special! So I thought that was it, my only chance!

So right now, I need to get my pen moving, stop clicking on the keyboard and start answering all these questions for both competitions. Wish me luck!

BUT THEN...

When my new Salon today magazine came, I read 'Hey good lookin' show us your style', I read the first sentence...'Did you give your salon or spa a makeover this year?'...I almost forgot...YES I DID GIVE BIJOU A MAKEOVER! I mean an expansion is a makeover right...I remember the dust, the construction...the dust...did I mention the dust? I quickly scanned down and read to see if I actually did qualify...I DO I DO I DO!! The deadline is February 1st, 2010 and I'm on it.

The other exciting news is that Salon Today (what a great magazine for our trade) also has another competition..and OMG, I just went into my other tab to make sure I have the info right and I screeched...IT'S THE 13TH ANNUAL SALON TODAY 200 FASTEST GROWING SALONS!!!...(I'm a bit supersticious, so bear with me) 13 is my lucky number! From birth it was chosen for me, I have a charm bracelet that has the number 13 on me, when I was choosing my Bijou email, plain Bijou was not available for my yahoo account, so the first alternative they offered me was Bijousalon1300...I took it, seeing it as a sign, that same day when I called the phone company for my phone number, they offered me 685-1300...let's see what else, Oh I used to say that we were actually 6 and a half Jordan Road, because Bella Blue was also 6 Jordan and yet were only half of the retail space , so when I took over their space, the first thing I thought was...cool, I wish I could rename the address, to 13 Jordan:) (I'm probably boring you with this nonsense, so I will move on:) BUT seriously, 13 is my lucky number, our numbers for growth in the year 2009 are impressive and I am eligible to enter! How amazing is that?!

Plus not to mention, Bijou was already in Nails magazine, and I'm hoping for another feature in another great magazine, or two!

0 comments: