Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Thanks!


Well this week has been more than surreal...first we opened our front doors, the sun shining through and so many people stopping in! I love to hear everyone's comments, I do wish I could have a camera set up so I can remember it for life and share it with the one's who helped me the most, they too deserve to hear all the lovely things said! Thanks!

So...It is my birthday along with Easter:) Happens every once in a while! (I think I made a new rule...every year from now on, I will start counting back..so congratulate me, I'm 35 tomorrow!!) So many surprises and wonderful gifts and wishes, I do not feel as though I deserve it, I've received enough already, but of course I love to be spoiled and will allow myself to basque in the love I am receiving! Thank you!

I bet you're wondering what I got? I know I would be wondering..."what'd she get?" Don't worry, I'll be happy to share:)

My b'day started really when we took off the black paper on the windows...but the surprises started coming on Thursday night...first a romantic evening with Thomas at Joelle's bistro for sushi!!!! DID you know that every Thursday is sushi night and oooh let me tell you it is priced right and words cannot describe how good they are! Then on Friday morning when I came into work, the girls were all in a fuss, saying that there were mouse turds in the bathroom (I was ready to strangle one of my sons, thinking they left food around and attracted critters) I was a little skeptical and was actually wondering who would jump out at me...the kept saying..just leave the door open and look, it's a big mess...So I did....AND Jackie, my salon coordinator (newly appointed and well deserved) had pulled a 'While you were out' type of makeover to the bathroom...I regretfully do not have my pictures from it yet, but will post them asap! I was almost ready to cry, because the bathroom had really been my soar spot, and now it's wonderfully decorated with love from a friend! I'm really lucky to have a friend and mentor such as herself!

Wait! It gets better! Then Laura and Erin stopped in, took a picture of our giant sign in the window FOR Thom Filicia...(I think it really was for him to see, I wonder if he'll see this? If so, woo hoo, can you stop in and tell us how we did?) Laura brought me a bag full of goodies...napkins for my grand opening (May 9th) and a wine bottle stopper...(how did she know we needed one of those???) Then the rest of the Bijou girls gave me their gift and wooo hoo I get to pick out a sweet purse from Village Choices, maybe Vera Bradley..who knows what I'll find!! Then Saturday (I've never had a b'day weekend, So lucky!) Shelly stopped by (as if she hasn't given me enough;) and gave me an awesome book and some Bijou bling...Michele gave me some Mojito mix, a martini glass and an inspirational book (so sweet of her) and Chiara dropped by on her way out of town to present me with a beautiful handmade cloth planter with some tulips! That girl is amazing! Tonight I'm basking in my families love, as they are right now cooking and hopefully giving me the Twilight movie, so we can watch it:) AND on top of all that I was gifted with my nieces time behind the desk at Bijou, she was a big help and it's so good to spend time with her!

For Easter we are heading to Joelle's for brunch with my friend Dee and that will just make the whole weekend spectacular!

I know this is a very very personal post, but I am just wanting to say Thank you to everyone for making my day so special and wonderful! Life is good!

We'll be back to regular Bijou news very soon! We have some super duper exciting things coming up...Including a very special raffle to win a Mirbeau surprise for two, some classes that are coming up, we'll be showcasing some of our new products and keeping you updated on everything else new around town that we have learned!! (Like Joelle's is serving Tappas during the week!!!)

Stay tuned, we won't disappoint!

One other thing...our lovely Mimi..who helps us out at the front desk, greeting people, serving drinks and compliments..she makes our lives easier when she is there! She is going in for surgery on Monday...please say a wonderful prayer for her and keep her in your thoughts, she is very very special! Plus we're going to all go visit her while she is in rehab at the Jewish home, so if you want to join the caravan for the party, let us know;)

0 comments: