Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Get to know your stylists!

I'm always reading trade magazines, one of my favorite sections is when they do a Q&A section for big time educators, platform artists or hairdressers of the stars. With some of their answers, I think to myself...hmm, would I want to go to him/her? Afterall, it is a lot compatability and if styles match up, or in some cases, like other relationships opposites attract!

So I gave the Bijou girls a little homework...They LOVE when I do this! Ha! I love to watch them as they read the questions...

A couple got right to it ( I could tell in school they were finishing their homework before it was due!)

One took it home and wrote in great lengthy detail, deliberating over each response and then laughed when she got to the bottom where I wrote 'Have fun with it, don't stress too much about it'..she thought that sentence should have been on the first line!

Some are still working on it and I'm thinking one or two of us are trying to figure out which one of us are the better writers and how to get them to write theirs;)

So I will start with Michele Zeppieri, I chose hers first because I have a picture of her in my files at home, so I thought it would be helpful to have a picture with her responses:)



1) My hair right now?
Kimberlee gave me a new color application called a convertible color (or a caddy, like I said;) It's trendy and sharp! Most of it is red and then on the other side if I part it, it's a deep dark brown. That's HOT!

2) My current style?
If it's hip and trendy and the latest styles, I'm wearing it! Accessories are fun, such as great shoes, purses, bangles..etc - you know!

3) What's on my ipod?
Britney Spears (her new cd is slammin') Pearl Jam, Madonna, U2, Coldplay, Nirvana, Pussycat dolls (I love their song, 'When I grow up:)

4) My current favorite product?
Moroccan oil hydrating cream, Eufora polishing drops, formatting cream & Eufora hairspray! I still do love matrix sleek products!

5) Things or people that inspire me?
Being near the ocean or lakes inspire me, it's peaceful I see things more clearly. As far as work inspiration, It's hard to pick one person, I've worked with a lot of talented hairstylists on my journey, I've learned so much from all of them and I'm still learning from my new Bijou family!

6) I'm a hairdresser because.... I love to cut and color hair that's when I'm an artist at work, It's fun making people look and feel beautiful! I meet a lot of great people in this career!

7) Why I love working at Bijou
(sorry I couldn't resist to ask;)
It's like family, it's a great place to go to work each day, I can be myself. Kim inspires us to perform at our fullest potential as professionals!

8) Favorite Quote?
I'm always saying "slamming"! It's a way to look marvelous! I always say Karma karma karma, too!

So there you have it...Miss Michele Z's personal Q&A!

On my end, I would like to say, that Michele brings so much zing to our salon, she comes in whistling and always has us cracking up! She talks out loud to herself a lot, especially when she is "mixing potions"...when describing hair cuts she will sometimes say "we'll jack that up in the back" or "we'll have you slammin' in no time". Michele also is a natural born caretaker, her day job is working at the hospital as an assistant to the rehab facility. I love hearing stories of the hospital, she helps people get better, and the elderly people that don't have family around, I know she goes and "adopts" them, bringing them little gifts and stuff. Her heart is very warm and beating loudly:)

0 comments: