Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Aveda product review from yours truly!

Well it's full blown winter here in Skaneateles! Probably the worst we have seen in quite a while..although like childbirth, I tend to forget what winter was like the year before! BUT this winter just may stick with me for quite sometime...I must be getting older, or maybe I need to take it easy on the highlights, but lately my hair has been making Rasta's in the back, and it is generally dry and crackly. What does that mean? It means I need to pull out the big guns!! So I took a stroll all around the shop, it was actually quite fun, I got to pretend I was a customer and wanting to buy some products...I even asked one of the Bijou girls if they could help me;) Based on what the handy little Aveda magnets said, I decided to forge ahead with promise of this:


Drenches even the driest, most brittle hair with moisture, leaving it soft, supple, touchable.

  • instantly improves dry hair up to 63%, when used as part of our Dry RemedyTM Moisturizing System
  • patent-pending Deep-Moisture complex penetrates hair to deliver lasting, intense moisture, powered by buriti oil, pomegranate and palm-derived conditioners
  • relaxing floral aroma blend with certified organic palmarosa, ylang ylang and rose geranium, plus a hint of vanilla!
So here I am a week and a half later, and my hair is totally reformed! I am doing the full regime, the shampoo, conditioner and the masque! My hair is soft and feeling all better, no more Rasta's as Thomas has been feeling my hair and pointing out ;)

What you have to remember with buying professional shampoo's is, that you don't have to use as much, for the shampoo, literally I have been using a dime or pearl size amount. The shampoo is very thick and I have found that it works best if you actually drench your hair before you shampoo...the more water you have in your hair the better it spreads! It's funny, people always will walk out saying..."It looks great, but when I do it myself, it just looks okay." The absolute truth to this is that we are using professional products from start to finish, it really makes a difference!

Let me know in our comment box if you'd like us to try a product and review it for you:) We are happy to give you our professional opinion!

0 comments: