Thursday, December 10, 2009

Threading at Bijou in Skaneateles!!



This is Somayyeah! She is Bijou's very own Threader!

What is Threading??

Threading hair is an ancient method commonly practiced in Eastern countries, like Egypt and India, but is becoming very popular here in the West. Threading removes the entire hair follicle, lasting up to 6 weeks.

How Does it Work?

A cotton thread is pulled along unwanted hair in a twisting motion, to trap hair in a mini lasso, and lifts hair right out of the follicle.
  • It’s extremely sanitary. Nothing but the thread touches the skin, and it’s thrown away after use.
  • Great for people with ‘trouble’ brows. Threading has this amazing ability to be so concise in the hair that it removes. It’s sworn by people who say they can never get their eyebrows even, despite tweezing, waxing or sugaring.
  • No chemicals are applied on the skin. When people have certain circumstances, or are taking medicines which conflicts with waxing and sugaring, they can still get threading done.
  • Temporary results can turn into permanent. Over time, frequent threading can cause the hair follicle to become damaged, and stop growing hair.
  • It is also beneficial for people with sensitive skin as it does not cause breakouts, excessive redness or pigmentation like waxing or shaving can.

Everyone who had Somayyeah do it on her first day loved it! Everyone really loved the look of it and was so impressed with her shaping! I'm telling you, my brows have never looked better and I don't think I will wax again!

Some clients that have been regular threaders told us more tidbits and benefits of threading over waxing...the most interesting to me was that when you wax, every time we do know that you remove a layer of skin as well, when you thread it massages the skin and never takes off a layer. Taking off layer of skin every two weeks or however often you wax can make you lose elasticity in your skin. So it was interesting the whole day and it was really fun to see the differences and comments with everyone! Michele (Our Michele Z) got her whole face done and her skin looked amazing! She even had Somayyeah do her sideburns because they grow down a little too far for her liking!

1 comments:

E said...

I had my brows done, and at first I thought, "I hope I walk away with two eyebrows still..." After it was done, I have never been so amazed. My brows have never had such perfect shape. I've had many bad brow waxes, but never before has someone sculpted my brows to such perfection. I didn't know it was possible.
The other day, a male friend of mine stopped me mid conversation to say, "you have the most perfect eyebrows. I have never seen brows like that before."- even guys know when they see perfect brows!