Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank you Barb!



Okay first let me say, that giving is such great feeling!! For the life of me, I cannot figure out why every person on this earth doesn't feel that way! To me the best high I can get is to know that a little bit that I sacrifice can help so many people! So easy and feels SO good!


Second, when you have a letter written in the journal, a letter to the editor..not an article written (well that's really cool too;) but someone pouring their heart out in print...you get a really warm fuzzy nice feeling:) I remember when I wrote a letter to the editor for our computer guy...he saved us, he really did and I thought everyone should know it! He's a knight in shining computer guy! He still keeps saving us every now and then;) I guess we made him feel all warm and fuzzy too:) Now I remember him saying that...I'll have to remember to write more often in there, so many people deserve SO much credit!

So Thank you Dr. Barbara Conner, you made my day! We are so happy to help in any way for the lost boys.....what you do is way bigger, someone should be writing letters about you:) I'm really so glad to have that little bridge connect us! It's truly an honor!

By the way...if you feel like you want to donate, and remember, any little tiny bit helps...plus I guarantee it will come back to you tenfold.....please click here!




Thanks for salon donation

Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As medical director of the Duk Lost Boys Clinic in South Sudan, and on behalf of John Dau, and the John Dau Sudan Foundation, I would like to publicly recognize and thank Kim Baker, of Bijou Salon, for her generosity.

Bijou Salon on Jordan Street in Skaneateles, near Doug's Fish Fry, had its Grand Opening on Saturday, May 9, and Kim, the owner of the salon, donated 10 percent of her Grand Opening proceeds to the Duk Lost Boys clinic. In today's economy that is true generosity indeed.

The event had fantastic gourmet food and refreshments, and it was a very jovial atmosphere as friends greeted friends in the elegant and comfortable spa and salon. The salon staff are all as warm and giving as Kim is, and my only regret is that it took me so long to learn what a wonderful place Bijou is. I found so many friends there that night, new and old.

Kim donated to the Sudan clinic quietly and on her own. We did not solicit her. I met her because I learned of her plans to donate. She did it because she cares about the greater good. That's the purest kind of gift, and rare.

So thank you, Kim Baker, and Bijou Salon for making a difference. I can assure you that your donation will save people's lives.

As the name Bijou means in French, this salon really is a gem in Skaneateles. And Kim Baker has a heart of gold.

Thank you from the bottom our our hearts.

Dr. Barbara Connor

Skaneateles

0 comments: