Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What to expect from this site:)




Hmmm...Well this was most certainly a test drive for the blog part of the Bijou website. I find blogs very very interesting, and it's something that I find very enjoyable and like to do, but I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested or would even read what we had to say:)

Well the response that we have had is fantastic!!! To Tammy who is coming in this week (or next;) who has been following our blog, it's thanks to you that I will continue. And so many others, (Internet is amazing...Thank you Internet Gods, we love you:) I can't tell you how excited I was to hear about how you found our salon. That is just awesome! I will also say thank you to GOOGLE for helping Bijou find it's way to the top of the search engines.

My wonderful techie friend Pete, gave me a run down of how we ranked...and for only being online for about 9 months...it's pretty awesome! Thanks! BTW, bijousalon.net comes up #2 in a search for "Skaneateles haircut" in Google. That's really good. (Interestingly, St. James church comes up # 5).
Here are some Google search results:

search term - Bijousalon.net ranking in Google
Skaneateles Haircut - #2
Skaneateles Haircuts - #7
Skaneateles Salon - #1 yay!
Skaneateles Manicure - #3
Skaneateles Manicures - #9
Skaneateles Pedicure - #3
Skaneateles Pedicures - #11 (2nd page)
Skaneateles Waxing - #2
Skaneateles Wax - #5
Skaneateles Nails - below #100
Bijou Salon - #3 (Very good for an International search!)
Best Salon in Skaneateles - #5
Best Pedicures in Skaneateles - #2
Reflexology in Skaneateles - #2

So you see we are below #100 for Skaneateles Nails...so if later in my posts, I say Skaneateles Nails, or Skaneateles Manicures...don't mind me, I'm just trying to climb to the top of Google mountain!

So anyway (remember I did say I digress) What I would like this weblog to be, is to be a little window into Bijou and all the fun we have! It's a great place to be, everyone is happy and relaxed. We laugh all the time! I can't tell you how wonderful it feels when people, who don't even know eachother have the nicest conversations together and end up chatting like long lost friends!

It must have been all the Angel's that were in the salon before us:) This is true you know, the occupants before us, were Angel's...my dear friend Gloria, owned Angels by the lake, an Angel gift shop! My friend Bonita, came in when I first opened and asked if I did a cleansing of the shop? I said no and wondered why, she said, well a business failed here...and without even thinking..my mouth went to auto pilot and I said "no, I don't think so, I think the Angel's were just holding the place for me", I never had such a notion before and my thoughts were just automatic and matter of fact. Gloria agreed, she always thought her Angels worked in mysterious ways:) And that my friends is a whole other post! (ugh, digressing again:)

So back to my title of this particular post...What to expect from this site? Before and After pictures...oooh won't that be fun! More photos of parties and celebrations and other news...Feel free to make any suggestions, I'd love to hear any and all feedback!

Thank you!

0 comments: